Becoming an internet entrepreneur

Whew ... This is harder than I thought it would be.  There are so many ways to make money online, I find myself getting sidetracked and chasing rabbits down paths that I wouldn't normally take.  Shortcuts for getting members to opt in, setting up an autoblog, viral links for traffic . . .  It's so easy to lose focus when you're bombarded with eye-catching, emotion grabbing headlines that promise to fulfill your deep desire to become a successful internet entrepreneur "Instantly" and just by following "these simple steps."  I've realized that I'm putting the cart before the horse.  I'm nowhere close to having my site up and running yet I'm already looking at ways to get traffic to it, lol.  "Whoa there, girlfriend!"  Reality check.

Do I want to make money?  Of course.  Would it be helpful to me if I could have that money flowing into my account next week?  Absolutely!  But more than that, I want to create something useful.  And the reality of that is, it's going to take a little time.  Especially since I have an offline job.

So an update on my site - I've managed to create a logo, set up a landing page, opt-in page, and thank you page.  On the back end, I'm fiddling around with autoresponders, different themes for the storefront, and membership software.  I've been working 12 hour days for the last two weeks.  Since I'm a one man, excuse me, "one woman" show, and am learning as I go, there is a lot of redundancy and re-doing things.  This, I suppose, is why the shortcuts are sooo enticing.  For now, I just don't want to go there.

My mantra - "Live and learn.  Life is good.  Accelerate out of the curves!"

 ~ Maria

PS.  Here's my logo - What do ya'll think?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Improve your Technorati ranking

What to do with all this information