Monday, April 30, 2012

Going Grey .... "Grey Hat" that is

So as you all can see, it's been awhile since I last posted.  The reason?  I've come across some leaked information, WSOs from the warrior forum, and I've  been thinking about going grey - Grey Hat, that is.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the terms White Hat, Black Hat, and Grey Hat, let me break it down (taken from Wikipedia):

"White Hat"  -  The term "white hat" in Internet slang refers to an ethical hacker . . . 
"Black Hat"  - black hat is the villain or bad guy; phrase is often used figuratively, especially in computing slang, where it refers to a computer security hacker who breaks into networks or computers, or creates computer viruses.
"Grey Hat"  - grey hat, in the hacking community, refers to a skilled hacker whose activities fall somewhere between white and black hat hackers on a variety of spectra. It may relate to whether they sometimes arguably act illegally, though in good will, or to show how they disclose vulnerabilities. They usually do not hack for personal gain or have malicious intentions, but may be prepared to technically commit crimes during the course of their technological exploits in order to achieve better security.

Now I, in no way, could really be called a "Hacker", in fact to apply that term to me is laughable.  It's just that I've learned a few methods over the years that have allowed me access to some places, items, and information.  I've just got one of those curious minds that wants to know EVERYTHING.  And nowadays, with a few technical skills and internet access, you can get information on absolutely anything you have a desire to learn about.

So back to why I haven't posted in awhile.  I've come across literally hundreds of WSOs that have been posted online, and have been brainstorming on how to capitalize on this.  I am an internet entrepreneur afterall.  I've been researching the law as it relates to copyright infringement, reading about the DMCA and how it all works.  As far as I understand it, if I am just providing links to where the info is and not actually hosting files, I am not in violation of any laws.  This move is controversial and I'm hesitant to take the leap, but desperate times demand I at least think about it.  


Stay tuned for more details.


 ~ Maria 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My deνeloper іs trуing to peгsuaԁe me
to move to .net from РHP. I have alwaуѕ disliκed the іdea becausе of the expenѕes.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've beеn uѕing
Moνаble-type on а numbеr of websіtes fοr abοut
a yeаг and am аnхious about sωitching to
another platfoгm. І haѵе heаrd goοԁ things about blοgengine.

net. Is theгe а ωay I can import all my
wordpress poѕts into it? Any kinԁ of hеlρ would be really аppreсiated!


Hегe is my ωebρage; preventivo ristrutturazione bagno

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do believе thiѕ is a great wеb sіte.
I stumbledupon іt ;) I may come back oncе agaіn since i have saved as
a favorite it. Mojey and freedom iss the greatest way to change, mаy youu be rich aand cntinue to guide other people.


Feel free to visit myy web blog - heavy bag drill ()